Focus Lab is looking for the next addition to our team. We are a small, driven group fueled by collaboration, curiosity, and craftsmanship. Our engagements endeavor to empower people, and organizations, towards progress. We go beyond just making things that look and feel good. We endeavor toward work that drives action, generates results, and makes for change.
You can check out some videos of our work and culture on Vimeo.
We are growing our business development team. And maybe you're just the person we're looking for. We're looking for someone already in Savannah or willing to relocate to Savannah for this role. You don't need a background in sales or business development to succeed in this position. We're looking for an excellent communicator who is ready to be trained and equipped to do this job effectively.
This position is basically an entry level role. You will have two key areas of focus, each with its own set of responsibilities. As with nearly any job at a company of our size, your duties are likely to evolve over time. But this is the core of what will be on your plate as you join Focus Lab:
- Conduct intro calls with curated leads to determine if there is a good fit and opportunity
- Create rapport with potential clients while understanding project goals
- Effectively communicate and sell the value of Focus Lab partnerships and processes
- Monitor and create strategies to achieve quarterly revenue and margin goals.
- Ensure there is enough information from clients to put together the first draft for all proposals, including project descriptions and potential deliverables
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales & Marketing and Project Manager to put estimates together for all proposals
- You must include the word “gopher” in your application to be considered for this position. Any use at all is sufficient.
- Evaluate project margins and hours before kick off and after completion
- Responsible for achieving monthly revenue and margin goals
- Negotiate proposals and come to a mutually beneficial agreement on contracts
- Ability to identify risks in a relationship, and look ahead to mitigate risks before committing to project
Project team happiness and satisfaction
- Be aware of team members ideal client/projects
- Have a heightened awareness of how a project could affect team morale during early sales conversations (Industry, length of project, client personality, etc) in order to bring on appropriate project.
- Participate in project debriefs to learn about client relations, project scope, team moral, and to evaluate for future opportunities (addition work, support, etc).
You must be able to say yes to the following:
- Do you consider yourself a strong communicator?
- Are you good at following up?
- Are you passionate about what you do?
- Do you like other people?
- Have a sense of humor?
- An ability to listen and take good notes
- The ability to work collaboratively
- Great communication skills
We will cover the full benefits package further into the interview process, but the key benefits provided by Focus Lab are:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
- Life & Disability Insurance plans
- Investment plan contribution matching up to 3% of your salary
- Paid Parental Leave (covering birth and adoptions; for primary caregivers and non primary caregivers)
- A stocked fridge and pantry for local office team members
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Focus Lab. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. No matter who you are, if what you've read so far sounds like you—we want to hear from you!