Focus Lab is looking for the next addition to our team. We are a small, strategy-driven branding agency. Our specialties include visual identity strategy and design, communication and content strategy, interactive design and development, and videography and creative content production.
You can check out some videos of our work and culture on Vimeo.
We are looking for a strong copywriter, editor, and communications strategist, preferably with experience in brand positioning and messaging.
If you think you might be a good fit, consider these questions: Are you someone with an obsessive love of the English language? Do you wield your keyboard and red pen with Jedi-like confidence, yet are never afraid to ask more questions in the name of clarity and engagement? Does audience and competitor research get you jazzed?
We need an empathetic writer and strategist whose love of the craft goes beyond self-expression: this person will help create new brand voices and stories for our clients based on Focus Lab’s collaborative, strategy-driven branding process. And you’ll help Focus Lab tell our own brand story through strategic communications.
We are open to remote team members (US only at this time), but for this position we prefer people to join us in our Savannah office.
We are going to be extremely selective about your:
- Breadth of writing experience across industries and functions
- Ability to write and edit following widely varied brand voice and style guidelines
- Experience writing for specific online audiences
- Attention to grammar, punctuation, and usage details
- Ability to edit for emphasis and storytelling flow
- Availability, responsiveness, and proactiveness
- Ability to prove efficiency, especially if you're remote
- Fit within our team dynamic
You can expect to:
- Define brand voice and tone and brand messaging through research and strategy
- Write and edit copy in the voice of our clients and on behalf of Focus Lab
- Work closely with a project manager, brand strategist, designers, and clients
- Collaborate with our communications director on communications style guides and brand messaging for a wide range of industries
- Through research and client direction, determine how to parse out a complex story for different audiences
- Support brand team by developing and editing creative, results-driven marketing copy that fits our clients’ objectives and helps sell visual identity work
- Write and edit team blog posts, social media posts, and client deliverables
- Collaborate to meet team deadlines
- Provide strategic input and/or direction for client and/or internal content
- Develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with clients
Interested? Cool. Here’s what happens now:
Please respond with a resume stating your years of experience in your respective areas of expertise, plus a cover letter that conveys your enthusiasm, states wage requirements, and includes a link to your portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you!
To be a good culture fit for Focus Lab, you must be able to say yes to the following:
- Do you consider yourself creative?
- Are you passionate about what you do?
- Do you like other people?
- Have a sense of humor?
- Do you live in the United States?
- 3+ years experience as a copywriter
- A portfolio that we can review
- The ability to work collaboratively
- Great communication skills
We will cover the full benefits package further into the interview process, but the key benefits provided by Focus Lab are:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans (medical and dental covered at 50% for you and your family dependents)
- Life and disability insurance plans
- 401(k) retirement match (up to 3-4%)
- Paid parental, adoption/caregiver leave
- Annual professional development stipend
- Access to the SmartDollar Financial Wellness program, including the EveryDollar Budgeting App
- A stocked fridge and pantry for local office team members
- Two week paid holiday rest at the end of the year
- Ancillary benefits like personalized drag-and-drop emojis, swag overload, and an improved .gif arsenal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Focus Lab. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. No matter who you are, if what you've read so far sounds like you—we want to hear from you!